HDS DRIVES PUBLIC CONVERSATIONS ON ALL MAJOR FAITHS through interdisciplinary centers and programs that explore religion’s influence on individuals, organizations, and societies around the world.
With your help, the campaign will enable us to bring leaders from faith, government, the arts, science, business, and many other fields to campus for critical discussions on religion – and also to meet the needs of a multi-religious, global curriculum and student body – through the renewal of our meeting, instructional, and worship spaces.
- Andover Hall Renewal
- Rename and transform Andover Hall, the center of the School’s effort to empower scholars and leaders for a religiously complex world, while significantly improving the sustainability of campus ($30M current use);
- Create new named spaces including an interfaith chapel, high tech auditorium, and student commons (varied giving levels);
- Center for the Study of World Religions
- Create and name multi-religious space ($5M current use);
- Support visiting scholars ($75K current use);
- Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Digitize and provide universal access to resources critical to the study of religion ($1M endowment/$10K+ current use);
- Name the head librarian’s position ($2M endowment).