The health and safety of our students, staff, and faculty are of paramount importance; therefore, the HDS campus is currently closed. Anyone who needs access to campus buildings or who will be working on campus must follow the current re-entry procedures (PDF).
For Current Students: While the Offices of Student Life, Religious and Spiritual Life, and Career Services are working remotely, the areas in which they serve and support students are still functioning. All staff members are available to connect via email, phone, or Zoom to retain our collective sense of connection and care.
Student events, community gatherings, practices, and services:
- Reach out to Katie Caponera if you are interested creating an event.
- For spiritual gatherings, connect with Chaplain Kerry Maloney to explore creative and meaningful online methods for practice, gathering, and ritual.
- Connect with HDSSA if there are specific questions or ideas you have for community development.
Academic, personal, and/or medical need:
- For consultations on learning support, resource referral, and accommodations reach out to Steph Gauchel.
- As we are no longer able to offer food such as Community Tea and the food pantry, OSL is working closing with Financial Aid to best support students around these needs. Please reach out to Steph Gauchel, Katie Caponera, or HDS Financial Aid if you need assistance.
- Other wellness support services: Harvard University Health Services, Counseling and Mental Health Services, and HDS Chaplain, Kerry Maloney.
Stay connected with community updates, resources, and virtual event opportunities on the HDS Student Life, HDS Student Association, and HDS Religious and Spiritual Life Instagram accounts. Weekly updates will also be sent to current students through the HDS Community Bulletin and Office of Chaplain & RSL Email Digest.
The Office of Career Services will also continue to offer individual meetings to aid current students with job search strategies and career discernment. To request a meeting please send a note to email@example.com and/or attend virtual events publicized via the HDS Career Connections newsletter. Updates can also be found on your homepage on the Hired Career Management and Jobs System.
- Teach, learn, and work remotely guidance (requires HarvardKey login).
- Living and Working During Social Distancing (PDF), from Harvard Divinity School Human Resources, has many resources for you and your family: online feeds from museums and cultural institutions, music and educational sites, zoos and more.
- Coronavirus Workplace Policies from Harvard Human Resources includes valuable information such as remote work preparedness, back-up dependent care, sick time, the Employee Assistance program, and more.
- Socialize Remotely, a University-wide platform for publicizing and exploring a variety of online gatherings available to the Harvard community.
- Review HU's Teach Remotely resources.
- HDS Online Learning, featuring tools and techniques for online teaching and learning.
- Zoom troubleshooting tips (PDF) from Harvard University Information Technology.
- Network troubleshooting tips (PDF) from Harvard University Information Technology.
- For other questions, contact Kama Lord of IT and Media Services.
- March 16, 2021 (Fall 2021 semester plans)
- October 20, 2020 (Spring 2021 semester plans)
- June 3, 2020 (Fall 2020 semester plans)
- April 27, 2020 (includes statement from Harvard Provost Alan Garber)
- April 13, 2020 (includes statement from Harvard President Lawrence Bacow)
- March 23, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 10, 2020 (includes statement from Harvard President Lawrence Bacow)