I’d like to start this update by thanking everyone who was involved with the move out of Swartz Hall and the relocation of offices. It was no small task. Everyone is now settling into their new offices. Thanks especially to those who organized the recent 60 Oxford Street breakfast and Divinity Hall lunch events as everyone gets to know their new buildings.
Over the past couple weeks, crews have been hard at work assembling and prepping on site. This update includes details of work that is expected to be conducted in and around Swartz Hall over the next two weeks. Please note that these activities are subject to change based on weather or other circumstances.
This week’s takeaway. Work over the next two weeks will include upgrades to the new temporary entrance to Andover-Harvard Theological Library, and more site preparations, including safety measures, ahead of renewal activities.
Site work. During the week of June 17:
- An automatic door opener and other hardware will be installed at Andover-Harvard Theological Library’s new temporary entrance, located on the south side of the building near the Francis Avenue parking lot and the Vanserg Building.
- Construction of temporary walls between the stacks building and the AHTL stairway will occur over the next two weeks.
- Wayfinding signage will be installed around the construction site.
- Temporary lighting will be installed along the construction fence line to increase visibility for pedestrians during the overnight hours.
- Crews will safely decommission all water, electrical, and gas utilities to Swartz Hall to ensure the building is safe for renewal activities.
- A temporary interior fire alarm system will be installed.
- Test pits will be dug to expose the existing condition adjacent to the building.
During the week of June 24:
- Crews will continue to safely decommission all water, electrical, and gas utilities to ensure the building is safe for renewal activities.
- Abatement in the interior of the building is scheduled to commence.
- Installation of the temporary interior fire alarm system will continue.
- Landscaping work will begin.