Virtual Events

These events enable prospective students to learn about HDS and specific programs of interest using web conferencing tools. They offer the opportunity to hear from and engage directly with current students and Admissions and Financial Aid representatives. We also encourage you to explore the HDS campus through our virtual walking tour below.

Virtual Info Sessions with Admissions Staff

  • Upcoming sessions will be posted when available.

Virtual Graduate Fairs

HDS Virtual Tour

Click through the slideshow to view places of interest within HDS and the University and read the descriptions below.

Divinity Hall

Divinity Hall

Built in 1826, Divinity Hall is the oldest building at Harvard Divinity School and the first Harvard building to be constructed outside of Harvard Yard.

Divinity Hall originally contained the entire Divinity School; later it was used as a dormitory, then classrooms.

Restored in 2000, Divinity Hall today provides multi-purpose spaces including classrooms, faculty and administrative offices (including admissions, financial aid, student life, and career services), Divinity Chapel (3rd floor), student resources center, and a student lounge.

Andover-Harvard Theological Library

The Andover-Harvard Theological Library (AHTL) was formed in 1910 by an agreement that brought together the collections of HDS and Andover Seminary. The partner-ship dissolved in 1926 and Andover’s books stayed in the library.

AHTL has an international collection of nearly 500,000 volumes, adds up to 6,000 volumes a year to its collection, and subscribes to over 2,000 journals. The library provides a reference room and reference librarians, individual and group study spaces, and a computer lab.

HDS students also have access to the entire Harvard University library system—the largest private library system in the world.

Andover Hall

Andover Hall is the hub of campus life at HDS. Completed in 1911, Andover Hall is the only example of collegiate Gothic architecture on the Harvard campus.

When it was built, it housed professors’ studies, a library, seminar rooms, dormitory space, and administrative offices. Today, it houses Andover Chapel, classroom space, the Braun and Sperry Rooms, the Office of Ministry Studies, the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, multiple administrative and faculty offices, and connects to Andover-Harvard Theological Library. Student organizations also hold meetings here, and have dedicated space to display information and announcements.

Rockefeller Hall

Constructed in 1970 and designed by architect Edward Larrabee Barnes ’38 (also a former Harvard professor), Rockefeller Hall was completely renovated during the 2007–08 academic year.

Originally a dormitory, Rockefeller is now home to the Rock Café (our community dining hall), a student lounge, small and large seminar rooms, and administrative offices on the upper floors.

The renovation of Rockefeller was accompanied by the creation of green space for formal and informal outdoor events. The green space includes a large grassy area, benches, and a labyrinth.

Carriage House: Women's Studies in Religion Program

Built in 1914, the Carriage House is the home of the Women's Studies in Religion Program (WSRP), which was founded in 1973.

The first and currently the only program of its kind, WSRP focuses on research that expands our knowledge about women in religion and promotes critical inquiry into the interaction between religion and gender.

Each year, WSRP brings five scholars to campus to pursue interdisciplinary research projects on women and religion. More than 100 scholars have been supported by the program to date.

HDS Community Garden

The HDS Community Garden was started in 2009 by the collaborative efforts of EcoDiv, the School’s environmental student group, and the HDS Green Team, a staff group committed to decreasing the School’s ecological footprint and furthering its commitment to sustainability.

Students and staff grow organic vegetables and flowers for the community, and also hold events around issues of sustainable food production and consumption, the celebration of seasonal cycles, and the spirituality of sustainability. The garden is open to all HDS community members, and is a sacred space where anyone can come, pick up a tool, and work with nature to grow together.

Learn more on their Facebook page.

Center for the Study of World Religions

Constructed in 1960, the Center for the Study of World Religions (CSWR) building was designed by architect Josep Lluís Sert, then Dean of Harvard Graduate School of Design. The original building was primarily a residential space, with apartments, offices, a shared common room, and a courtyard that is still a favorite green space on the HDS campus.

Today, the CSWR remains a residential community, with 13 apartments housing graduate students and visiting scholars, and also continues in its role as a convener of conversations, sponsoring lectures, colloquia, conferences, reading groups, and other gatherings.

Through its work, the CSWR sustains a vibrant academic community for interdisciplinary, international, and interreligious exchange, learning, research, and dialogue—bringing the rich intellectual resources of Harvard University to bear on the issues of the world’s religions today.