The HDS Student Conference Fund supports HDS degree candidates who seek to attend academic and professional conferences or workshops which are external to Harvard University and related to their field of study.
Students in good standing who have completed at least one semester of full time study at HDS are eligible to apply. The competitive selection process gives preference to students who will be presenting papers, serving on panels, convening sessions and/or interviewing for academic positions.
Awards can be up to $500 and are applicable to travel costs and registration fees only (not lodging or other expenses). Individual students applying to attend multiple conferences are eligible to receive a maximum of $500 in reimbursements per academic year.
Grants are made in a single decision period (non-rolling) during the fall for summer and fall conferences and again in the winter for winter and spring conferences. Applications for 2019–20 awards will be available on this page on Monday, August 19, 2019.
Summer and fall 2019 awards
Deadline: Noon, Monday, September 16, 2019
Notifications: Monday, October 7, 2019
Winter and spring 2020 awards
Deadline: Noon, Monday, February 3, 2020
Notifications: Monday, February 24, 2020
In completing this application you will need to provide:
- A copy of your HDS transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Documentation of acceptance of your paper or other relevant participation
- Documentation of costs for registration
- Documentation of costs for travel (estimated or purchased)
- The name of an HDS faculty member who can speak to the quality of your work and the relevance of the conference to your field of study. We will contact the faculty member only if the Fellowships Committee has questions about your application.
The application and selection process is managed by the Office of Career Services with application decisions made by the HDS Fellowship Committee.
Questions may be directed to the HDS Office of Career Services at 617.496.3313 or email@example.com.