Three days exploring everything HDS has to offer. And it's on us.
November 4-6, 2014.
DivEx is a three-day introduction to graduate programs at HDS that span religious and cultural divides to prepare ethical leaders to work in a complex world.
In the video below, hear participants from the 2013 program discuss what DivEx taught them about Harvard Divinity School or view our 2014 DivEx brochure to learn more.
Watch a video of Professor Ahmed Ragab's presentation, "Knowledge Will Set You Free: Critique As an Ethic of Liberation," which was part of the DivEx 2013 program:
Who it's for
DivEx is for college undergraduates who have a commitment to diversity and social justice and who are considering careers in ministry or other fields in which the study of religion, theology, and ethics would be an asset. College graduates may be considered if space is available. One goal of DivEx is to increase participation by members of groups that are underrepresented in the study of religion. With that in mind, we especially encourage applications from African American, Latino and Latina, Asian American, and Native American students.
What it costs
DivEx is free. We provide housing, all meals, and airline, bus, or train transportation to and from Boston. (Ground transportation to and from airports, bus or train stations, or other transport terminals is not included.)
How to apply
Complete our 2014 DivEx online application by September 15, 2014. Applicants should provide:
- Online application form
- Personal statement describing your interest in the program
- Letter of recommendation from a professor, career mentor, or faith-based leader
- Academic transcripts
What you'll do during DivEx
- Meet faculty who will describe our degree programs and offer insights into how they might meet your personal and professional needs.
- Attend classes on a wide range of topics, religious traditions, languages, and concepts.
- Join the School community for three days, getting an insider's view of activities such as Noon Service and Community Tea.
- Engage with DivEx alumni and HDS students who will share their experiences and respond to your questions at panel discussions.
- Get advice on the admissions process and financial aid.
- Connect with your fellow DivEx participants, both informally throughout your time here and semiformally, at the closing night's dinner with faculty, administrators, and HDS students.
- Attend a faculty dinner.
Call (617.495.5796) or email (email@example.com) any time, whether you know you want to apply or still have questions. We love to talk about DivEx!