The Harvard Divinity School Office of Career Services offers resources for students, alumni, and employers. Whether you are in the career search, interested in networking, or seeking to employ current students or alumni, we look forward to working with you.
A note for current HDS students from the HDS Office of Career Services:
As Harvard Divinity School continues to remain remote during the 2020-21 academic year as a result of the ongoing public health crisis, the Office of Career Services continues to provide resources via the following online channels:
- Your homepage on the Hired Career Management and Jobs System
- The weekly Career Connections newsletter
Additionally, OCS will offer a full calendar of virtual events which will be publicized via our Career Connections newsletter, the HDS Community Events Calendar, and a listing of which can be found in the Overview of HDS Career Services PowerPoint presentation.
As always, current students may request individual meetings to discuss career discernment, job search strategies, fellowships, resume, and cover letter reviews or other aspects of professional development. Meetings can be arranged by conference call or Zoom. To request a meeting please send a note to email@example.com with your availability and a brief explanation of what you’d like to discuss.
Students at HDS prepare for a wide range of professions, including but not limited to:
- Ministry in faith communities
- Higher education and research
- Public and private secondary education
- Community development, advocacy, and human services
- Management and consulting, especially nonprofit
- Public policy, law, conflict resolution, and mediation
- Arts, publications, communications, and media
The assets HDS graduates bring to their professions are numerous and include key competencies such as:
- Active experience engaging a pluralistic world
- Ability to think across disciplines
- Analytical skills grounded in theory
- Competence in written and oral communication
- Sustained, thoughtful social engagement
- Language proficiency