Several administrative units within Harvard Divinity School offer research appointments and affiliations. These appointments may involve teaching, research, or both; some are compensated, while others are unpaid. Please use the links below for more information.
Visiting scholars normally have ongoing affiliations and/or positions at other universities.
- HDS Visiting Scholars (unpaid research affiliation offered by the Office of Academic Affairs)
- Yang Visiting Scholars in World Christianity (paid teaching and research affiliation; Office of Academic Affairs)
- CSWR Visiting Scholars (unpaid research affiliation; Center for the Study of World Religions)
Postdoctoral fellows are scholars who have received doctoral degrees within the last five years.
- HDS Postdoctoral Fellows (unpaid research affiliation; Office of Academic Affairs)
- Postdoctoral Fellows in the Transcendence and Transformation Initiative (paid research affiliation; Center for the Study of World Religions)
WSRP Research Associates
WSRP Research Associates are full-time paid academic-year visiting faculty appointments involving both teaching and research. They are offered by the Women’s Studies in Religion Program.
Religion and Public Life Fellows
- RPL Fellows in the Professions (paid teaching and research affiliation, Religion and Public Life)
- RPL Fellows in Conflict and Peace (paid research affiliation, Religion and Public Life)
- RPL Senior Fellows (paid teaching affiliation, Religion and Public Life)